WUMC is seeking a new Director of Children, Youth, and Familes. This position is part time, paid hourly, and is a fantastic opportunity to cultivate and grow our children and families ministries from our littlest kiddos on up.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with the pastor and church leaders to establish and maintain an active CYF Ministry Team
- Recruit, train and support volunteers for the CYF programs, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team
- Plan, design, and carry out CYF programs and activities, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team.
- Develop a plan for establishing and maintaining relationships with youth
- Be present in the life of the church as time allows
- Communicate weekly with WUMC pastor and other staff members to coordinate CYF activities with other WUMC and church building use activities. Attend staff meetings when requested by WUMC pastor
- Advocate for children, youth, and families within the congregation
- Manage the administrative aspects of the CYF ministry, such as budget, records, mailings, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team
- Attend training to be able to ensure that Safe Sanctuary policy is publicized and implemented
For a full job description, click here: cyf-director-job-description-august-2016.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!