Membership at WUMC carries the privilege of commitment and the opportunity to contribute to the life of our church through gifts of finances, service, and other gifts. Below are a few different ways that you can participate in giving at WUMC. Please contact Pastor Ann (email@example.com) if you have questions about how your gifts are used or other information.
Financial gifts help to keep WUMC running. Your donations help with everything from building upkeep to ministry expenses to staffing. WUMC keeps its finances transparent and makes an annual report to the conference and to the congregation about how gifts are used.
- You are welcome to bring offerings (check or cash) to place in the offering plate on Sunday mornings. Gifts can also be mailed to 2115 N. 42nd Street, Seattle, WA 98103.
- You may make contributions to WUMC online via this link. Contributions can be debited automatically from your checking or savings account. To set up your automatic contribution, click the link above, then “Create Profile,” and follow the onscreen instructions to create your profile and schedule your withdrawal.
Giving of Time & Talents
There is a place for everyone to contribute to WUMC’s ministries. Bring your time and talent to one of the areas listed below, or contact Pastor Ann or Hannah to find the perfect place for you to serve.
- WUMC has many diverse ministry opportunities. You are welcome to give of your time and talents to any of these areas, including Social Concerns, Sister Parish, Reconciling Ministries, Men’s and Women’s Ministries, and more.
- Our kids’ ministries – Children’s Music Group, Sunday School, Creative Process, and PrimeTime – can always use extra hands. Volunteer once or on an ongoing basis. Contact Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Sunday morning services require many hands and hearts to keep them moving. Serve as a liturgist, Scripture reader, greeter, or office volunteer to participate in this important weekly event.
Other Neat Ways to Give
It doesn’t take much to give creatively. Below are some unique ways that you can support WUMC in your everyday life.
- Do your online shopping through the UMC Market. The online market features shops like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Groupon. You shop for the things you’d normally buy through the UMC Market, and a portion of your purchase is donated back to WUMC – easy as pie! There is no cost to sign up for the market. Visit www.umcmarket.org to sign up and do your shopping.
- Support WUMC with the PCC Scrip Card. Purchase a pre-registered scrip card for $20 at WUMC and use it to pay for your groceries at PCC (the card works just like a gift card). When your card is empty, reload it to continue paying for your purchases. WUMC receives 5% of all card reloads, and it doesn’t cost you extra!
- Bring your contributions of non-perishable food to the church at any time of year and WUMC will take them to the food bank for you!
- Bring your used printer cartridges to be reused or recycled to the church. WUMC recycles the cartridges and gets a small dollar amount for the trouble.