Wallingford United Methodist Church is a member church of …
- Seattle District United Methodists – Our District is the greater Seattle Area – from Shoreline on the North to Des Moines and Kent/Covington on the south, from Fall City and Snoqualmie on the East to Seabold on Bainbridge Island, and including Vashon Island. Our District Superintendent is Rev. Patricia Simpson.
- Seattle District is in the Pacific Northwest Conference of the United Methodist Church – Our “Conference” consists of 6 Districts in Washington and North Idaho panhandle. The Seattle District is one of those 6. Our presiding Bishop is Bishop Grant Hagiya. He also presides the Oregon-Idaho, and Alaska Conferences, our partners in the Greater Northwest Episcopal Area. For more information about the Pacific Northwest Annual Conference go to pnwumc.org
- The Pacific Northwest Conference is part of the Greater Northwest Episcopal Area which consists of our PNW Conference, Alaska Conference, and Oregon-Idaho Conference. We share Bishop Hagiya. If you visit this link you will be able to read the Bishop’s biography, news and helpful information about ministries of the wider church, and the Bishop’s blog where he reviews books and movies, talks about mission and revitalization, and writes pastoral letters.
- We are all located in the Western Jurisdiction of the UMC, consisting basically the Conferences in the Rockies and west!
- All the jurisdictions are part of the General Conference of the UMC. Most of our General church agencies are located in Nashville, Tennesee at the headquarters of the denomination. This is the General conference website – umc.org – a wealth of information on United Methodism, history, national events, recommended reading, and many other links are available at that site.
General Agency partners: