The Staff-Parish Relations Committee has decided to hire an interim or several interims to keep our program for children and youth going.
As the CYF Director position remains unfilled, the Staff-Parish Relations Committee is offering a monthly stipend for each of the four parts of our current CYF program. A person could apply for one or all four of the interim positions. We are hoping to get people from the congregation to fill these positions so that the relationships built can continue after the new person is hired. However, we would also consider people outside the church. The positions would be for up to 3 months starting at the beginning of January. Below are the details.
- Sunday School Coordinator, $200 per month: We have a strong curriculum and several people who work regularly with the children. The coordinator would choose which of the options to use each Sunday and gather any supplies needed. They would also be sure volunteers are scheduled for the two classes.
- Young Listeners Program, $125 per month: This is the option for children to leave the service after the children’s sermon. This person would recruit one other adult for each Sunday and go out with the children. The program is flexible but a possible plan is to talk some about the scripture, then interview the other adult about their life and their spiritual path, and close with joys and concerns. The children would usually draw or doodle while all of this was going on.
- Supper Church Coordinator, $75 per month: Supper Church is held once each month on a Monday night. The coordinator would plan an activity and recruit people to help with the activity and others to bring dinner. The coordinator would also work with Pastor Ann to plan the short service and be sure there is publicity about the event.
If you are interested in one or more of these positions, please contact Ann Joyce, Staff-Parish Relations Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.276.8090.
The First Annual Lori Pearson Tribute Concert is coming on January 28th at 7:00PM! All are invited to come and experience a house concert at WUMC in honor of our friend and sister, Lori, who passed away last year.
Pam and Allyson will bring a mix of original songs as well as some of their favorites from others for an evening of music and remembrance. Come join them and a few of their friends for this pay-what-you-can event.
Donations will go to a memorial plaque for Lori’s pew and any remaining monies will begin a fund for accessibility improvements to the church. Some of Lori’s family and caregivers will be present.
Questions? Contact Mary Edwards (email@example.com).
Come celebrate and worship this weekend at the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services at WUMC.
On Saturday, December 24th, at 7:30PM, join in for the Christmas Eve Service. During this service, all will share Scriptures, stories, carols, and Communion by candlelight.
Then on Sunday, December 25th, at 10:00AM, come to a worship service that celebrates “Walking in the Way of Love.” This service is all about stories, carols, and sharing community with one another.
All are welcome at these services—please feel free to bring friends, family, and kids to be a part of our holiday fellowship.
Wishing you a Christmas full of peace, wonder, and blessing!
Christmas can be a difficult time. It may be weighted down with grief, carry the anguish of broken relationships, the uncertainty of money struggles, the weariness of ill health, the pain of loneliness and other troubles… These can make us feel alone in the midst of it all.
The Longest Night Service on December 16th provides space for all that the season brings. You are invited to join in for a time of music, readings, candle lighting, and prayer which will acknowledge these feelings and help us begin to find a way to comfort in God and in others.
The evening starts at 7:00PM. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Pastor Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WUMC is seeking a new Director of Children, Youth, and Familes. This position is part time, paid hourly, and is a fantastic opportunity to cultivate and grow our children and families ministries from our littlest kiddos on up.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with the pastor and church leaders to establish and maintain an active CYF Ministry Team
- Recruit, train and support volunteers for the CYF programs, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team
- Plan, design, and carry out CYF programs and activities, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team.
- Develop a plan for establishing and maintaining relationships with youth
- Be present in the life of the church as time allows
- Communicate weekly with WUMC pastor and other staff members to coordinate CYF activities with other WUMC and church building use activities. Attend staff meetings when requested by WUMC pastor
- Advocate for children, youth, and families within the congregation
- Manage the administrative aspects of the CYF ministry, such as budget, records, mailings, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team
- Attend training to be able to ensure that Safe Sanctuary policy is publicized and implemented
For a full job description, click here: cyf-director-job-description-august-2016.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you!