Christmas can be a difficult time. It may be weighted down with grief, carry the anguish of broken relationships, the uncertainty of money struggles, the weariness of ill health, the pain of loneliness and other troubles… These can make us feel alone in the midst of it all.
The Longest Night Service on December 16th provides space for all that the season brings. You are invited to join in for a time of music, readings, candle lighting, and prayer which will acknowledge these feelings and help us begin to find a way to comfort in God and in others.
The evening starts at 7:00PM. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Pastor Ann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WUMC is seeking a new Director of Children, Youth, and Familes. This position is part time, paid hourly, and is a fantastic opportunity to cultivate and grow our children and families ministries from our littlest kiddos on up.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work in partnership with the pastor and church leaders to establish and maintain an active CYF Ministry Team
- Recruit, train and support volunteers for the CYF programs, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team
- Plan, design, and carry out CYF programs and activities, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team.
- Develop a plan for establishing and maintaining relationships with youth
- Be present in the life of the church as time allows
- Communicate weekly with WUMC pastor and other staff members to coordinate CYF activities with other WUMC and church building use activities. Attend staff meetings when requested by WUMC pastor
- Advocate for children, youth, and families within the congregation
- Manage the administrative aspects of the CYF ministry, such as budget, records, mailings, working in partnership with the CYF Ministry Team
- Attend training to be able to ensure that Safe Sanctuary policy is publicized and implemented
For a full job description, click here: cyf-director-job-description-august-2016.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you!